Josef-Andre-Straße 1, 78713 Schramberg
The Church in the southern part of Schramberg, built between 1912 and 1914, is one of the great church buildings by the Stuttgart architect Josef Cades. With great skill, he combined neo-Romanesque and neo-Gothic elements in the Heilig Geist church to create an important sacred building of historicism. The large, bright church interior leaves a deep impression on visitors with its simple design.
After renovations in 1962 and 1993, the Church today presents itself as an architectural monument from the first half of the 20th century. The chancel design by Michael Münzer (Stuttgart) with altar, ambo, large chancel cross and three apse panels, the chancel windows by Wilhelm Geyer (Ulm), the pulpit by the Schramberg sculptor Cajetan Schaub and the Stations of the Cross by the Ulm painter Alfred Vollmar are worthy of special mention.
Every year at Christmas time, the 1946 depiction of the Nativity by the well-known nativity scene builders Max Scheller and Georg Kaiser and the 1982 to 1990 triptych by Eugen Mey Departure - Adoration - Flight can be seen.
The organ in St. Spirit's Church dates from 1925. It was thoroughly restored between 1992 and 1994 and the lost decorations were reconstructed on the basis of old photographs. Today, the instrument from the organ-building workshop Gebr. Späth is a valuable sound and architectural monument of an era from which there are only a few completely preserved instruments of this size. This instrument is regularly played in front of a large audience as part of the Schramberg organ concerts.